Making Your House Fresh and Clean for Summer!
Soot’s not so much the issue now, but it’s still time to shift gears around the house to summer. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- If you haven't packed them away yet, pack away your dark-colored, wintry throws, pillows, rugs and accessories. Bring out lighter colors and fabrics.
- Turn mattresses. Wash mattress pads. Wash blankets and quilts. Put away heavy bedding.
- Change air-conditioning filters. Have your unit serviced.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils.
- Clean the blinds.
- Dust fan blades.
- STEAM CLEAN WALL-WALL CARPETING.
- Clean AREA RUGS and UPHOLSTERY.
- Have the chimney cleaned, if you haven 't done it yet.
- Close the damper for the summer.
- Clean the outdoor furniture. Have broken straps replaced.
- Scrub down the deck, rinse and let dry; reseal.
- Clear away dead foliage and weeds from planting beds.
- Wash windows inside and out. Check screens for holes and have them repaired.
- Vacuum draperies. Wash curtains.
- Pack away winter clothes. Send coats and sweaters to the cleaners, if needed.
- Move heavy furniture and vacuum under it.
- Drain sediment from hot water heater.
- Clean the barbecue grill rack. Hose down the outside. Get a full tank of gas.
- Clean the oven, burner drip pans, vent filter and vent hood.
- Clean the inside of the refrigerator. Wipe off the top.
- Wipe down kitchen cabinets.
- Go through the freezer and discard items you can’t identify or know you’ll ever eat.
- Wipe down bookcases, display shelves, tabletops and countertops.
- With a spray bottle of all-purpose cleaner and a rag, wipe down doors and door frames, handles, knobs, mirrors, and light switch plates.
- Get rid of the piles of magazines that have accumulated over the winter.
- Hose down the front of the house to get rid of spider webs and dead insects around the entry. Clean out the porch lights.
- Rid gutters of leaves and debris.
- If there are roof leaks, have the roof repaired.
- Clean out the garage.
- If you cut your grass, tune up the lawn mower. Change the spark plugs, air filter, oil and make sure safety devices are attached and working.
Continental Carpet Care, Inc.